Employer: Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Location: Dorchester, Dorset
Salary: £13,283 (for approximately 20 hrs per month, to be worked flexibly)
Contract: 3 years fixed term
Join us on our journey from Good to Outstanding
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is the main provider of acute hospital care to the largely rural communities of North and West Dorset, Weymouth and Portland. We are a high performing Trust, providing services in GP surgeries, schools, residential homes, people’s own homes, Dorset County Hospital and five community hospitals, by a dedicated workforce of 3,000 employees.
Following its last inspection towards the end of 2018, the Trust was rated as ‘Good’ overall and ‘Good’ for well led with extremely positive observations relating to leadership culture, governance and strong financial management.
Dorset County Hospital is also a partner in Dorset’s integrated care system, known locally as “Our Dorset”. This has evolved from years of partnership working to improve services. As well as our Trust, the partnership includes:
• Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group
• Poole Hospital, the Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals, Dorset Health University Foundation Trust, South Western Ambulance Service.
• Bournemouth, Poole & Christchurch Council and Dorset Council.
As the NHS undergoes unprecedented change and has published its vision for the future in the NHS Long Term Plan, Our Dorset is further developing its vision to improve the health and wellbeing of our communities. Dorset County Hospital has a key role to play in this vision, seeking innovative ways to ensure the continued provision of safe and sustainable services. By changing how we work with our partners we will ensure that these services are provided at the right time and in the right place for patients, making the most of the skills and expertise of our staff.
At this time of huge opportunity and challenge, the Trust is looking to appoint two new non-executive directors, one of whom will have a financial background and will Chair the Trust’s Finance and Performance Committee. We are seeking experienced and talented individuals who will add value to our strong, vibrant, ambitious and forward thinking Board.
As a Non- Executive Director you will:
• Work with fellow directors to set the Trust’s strategic aims, providing advice and challenge to ensure the standards of good governance are upheld
• Provide independent judgement and advice, working with colleagues to provide inspiring leadership within a framework, which enables risks to be assessed and managed whilst upholding the highest standards of probity;
• As Board member, be collectively responsible for developing, monitoring and delivering the performance of the Trust, ensuring that excellence remains at its core;
• Act as an ambassador for the Trust, promoting its values, engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
What we are looking for:
If you share our vision and passion for delivering high quality services that are fit for future generations this is the opportunity for you to make a difference to healthcare in Dorset supporting us to take the Trust from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’.
• You will ideally have experience as a Director within a complex organisation
• You will have a track record of successfully leading organisation change through partnering, collaboration and leadership
• You will be a skilled ambassador offering, exceptional communication and strategic influencing skills that deliver results and constructively challenge Board decision making from a neutral and independent perspective
• You may have experience of local government or IM&T, or finance in the public or private sector with the highest standards of personal propriety in relation to governance, accountability, risk and financial management
We are a Trust that celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We would welcome applications from people in groups which are under-represented at Board level.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Rebekah Ley, Company Secretary on 01305 253295 email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2019.
Telephone/Skype interviews: between 1st-8th November 2019 to suit candidate availability.
Formal interviews: 6th December 2019