Dstl Porton Down or White City London
About the job
The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) was established in December 2016 as part of the Defence Innovation Initiative to provide the UK with strategic advantage by having the most innovative Defence and Security capabilities in the world.
The DASA Enterprise Collaboration Service (ECS) went live on the Salesforce Platform in May 2018 and currently stands at a total of 800 internal users and 1500 external partner community users. Over the course of the next financial year the use of ECS will be extended across the wider Defence Innovation landscape. As the DASA Enterprise Collaboration Service System Administrator, you will play a key role in the configuration and maintenance of the Salesforce service in support of all 4 DASA functional teams. You will also support its roll out to the wider Defence Innovation Community.
Reporting to the Enterprise Collaboration Service Manager, you will be the primary point of contact for internal users across Defence Innovation and provide 2nd line support cover for external users accessing the platform via a bespoke Partner Community implementation.
In this role you will:
• Respond to and wherever possible resolve user support cases from internal users
• Respond to and wherever possible resolve external user support cases escalated from various administration teams.
• Maintain and provide reporting in respect of user support cases
• Perform declarative configuration tasks in support of bug fixes and system enhancements.
• Document and coordinate the handling of user case-load (bug fixes and enhancements) as part of the ECS Change Control Board.
• Work with internal users to understand reporting and data visualisation requirements and deliver solutions using standard salesforce functionality.
• Support the preparation and execution of test scripts and testing as necessary.
• Help drive user adoption of the platform through the production of training materials and provision of advice to users as necessary
• Assist with the production and maintenance of system documentation
• Commit to achieving Salesforce ADM 201 certification, as well as engaging in wider learning and development opportunities.
• Provision of ECS system User Research support in order to meet Government Digital Service beta accreditation (Full training will be provided).
We are looking for someone who has:
• Certification or comparable experience as a Systems Administrator
• Experience of design and build of reports and dashboards
• Experience of managing aspects of system user experience and case load
• Familiar with API Data management tools
• Experience of data manipulation using MS Excel
• Experience of design, implementation, testing and troubleshooting system workflows
• Comfortable working within a robust governance framework, maintaining documentation, testing and making deployments between sandbox and production environments
• A familiarity with Google G Suite applications and their integration with Salesforce is desirable
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Delivering at Pace
Managing a Quality Service
Making Effective Decisions
We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Overlooked Talent Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com