We are currently seeking a talented and creative Seamstress to join our busy costume department working on our long running drama, Hollyoaks. The Seamstress will work closely with the Head of Costume and Executive Producer to design and create costumes to a set brief. Other reponsibilities of the Seamstress will include making alterations and repairing costumes, and assisting on shoot as and when required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and practices pertaining to the role
- Skilled in pattern cutting
- Ability to sew to a high standard and repair and make garments from scratch using a machine
- Understanding of fashion and a strong sense of colour and design
- Knowledge of costume continuity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good manual handling skills (including physical ability to undertake full range of duties)
- Understanding of costume within television and the production process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use a digital camera, download and print to Epson photo printer
- Ability to work under pressure to structured deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise workload.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 25th May 2018.
A copy of the full job description is available upon request.
Contract: Fixed term – 6 months
Contract Status: Full time
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore encourage applications from groups that are underrepresented in the TV industry. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Overlooked Talent requesting bank account details please email email@example.com