£17,524 to £18,423 per annum (pro rata)
20 hours per week
Would you like the opportunity to take up a new part time administrative role at The Union, Manchester Met?
Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you’ll assist the Retail Manager in undertaking administrative duties contributing to the efficient running of retail operations.
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – The Union is a seriously fun place to work. Professionally run, but different. Our professional team of 150 people support elected student leaders to be effective in making change, improving lives and fulfilling potential. The winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. We’re located in the amazing city of Manchester, famous for its music, arts, sport, social heritage and diversity. With 38,000 plus student members, 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
We are looking for someone to support our Retail Manager with general administration and to contribute to the preparation and provision of regular management information.
• With experience of administrative duties and cash handling in a similar environment, you’ll process delivery notes, invoices and purchase orders, update stock systems and assist in audits.
• You will administer the shop’s online sales platform, support banking processes and assist in opening and closing shop tills.
Who you are
• Independent and self-reliant, you will be able to work without close supervision and manage your working time effectively.
• You will have a good level of computer skills, excellent attention to detail and be confident working with figures and financial information.
• Being customer-orientated, you will have a professional and courteous manner.
• Your excellent interpersonal skills enable you to build relationships and work effectively with people at all levels.
There has never been a better time to work for The Union. Based just off Oxford Road, in the centre of vibrant Manchester, The Union will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
Apply now at: https://www.theunionmmu.org/about-us/jobs
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 26th August 2018
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview on Friday 31st August 2018.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with students’ unions.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Overlooked Talent requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org