Contract: Full-time, permanent position
Location: Home Based - Applicants should live in (or within easy reach of) the East of Scotland
An exciting opportunity to join BMA Scotland’s Member Services team.
We are currently looking for a full time Employment Adviser to join our Member Services team, to provide expert advice and representation on employment law and contractual issues to BMA members principally in the East of Scotland but with some involvement in casework in other board areas. The role also involves supporting local committees and negotiations, as well as membership recruitment and retention activities. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful, supportive team.
The ideal candidate will have:
• sound knowledge and experience of employment law; ideally gained through a trade union, human resources or legal background and through providing advice to members/clients
• confident, effective communication and advocacy skills (both verbal and written)
• strong analytical skills and be well organised
• knowledge of the NHS in Scotland is particularly desirable.
Experience of home working is ideal, but an understanding of how to thrive in that context is essential.
The role involves regular travel throughout the East of Scotland, to attend workplace meetings and to represent members. It also requires attendance at BMA meetings in Edinburgh and other locations. Applicants should live in (or within easy reach of) the East of Scotland, hold a full, valid UK driving licence and be prepared to use their vehicle for work purposes. Occasional evening/weekend working will be required.
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
• Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
• Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
• Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
• Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website.
Closing date: 17th August 2022
Interviews in Edinburgh on either 26th or 29th August
For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.