Are you passionate about film and want to work in the film industry, but are struggling to find your way in?
FDA will be running an eight month paid traineeship at a UK distributor. We are looking to recruit ambitious trainees from across the UK who can display the following attributes and who are prepared to relocate to London.
• A passion for film and a desire to learn
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Experience of using Microsoft Office packages and email
• The ability to work as part of a team
Dates: May 2020 – February 2021 in London
Trainees will undertake an office-based placement in a UK distribution company. We want to make the film industry more inclusive. People of colour, people who consider themselves to have a disability and those from economically challenged backgrounds are underrepresented in the commercial sector of the film industry. That’s why we welcome applications from these groups.
• Trainees will work full time (defined as 35 hours per week) for 36 weeks in host companies, and will regularly attend training sessions with the other trainees, which will further enhance their employability skills and knowledge of the film industry.
• Trainees will be paid a monthly training allowance proportionate to the London Living Wage
• Trainees will be entitled to 16 days annual leave, subject to agreement with their host organisation.
Trainees must ...
• Be new entrants to the film industry i.e. not have more than twelve months industry work experience, be it continuous or discontinuous/paid or unpaid.
• Be UK residents and eligible to work in the UK.
The deadline for applications is end of day on: March 6th 2020
For more information regarding film distribution in the UK please see: www.launchingfilms.com
For any queries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org