Job Details What you need to know
Founded in 1934, PPL is the UK music industry’s collective management organisation (CMO) for over 110,000 performers and record companies. We license recorded music in the UK when it is played in public (shops, bars, nightclubs, offices etc.) or broadcast (BBC, commercial radio, commercial TV etc.) and ensure that revenue flows back to our members. These include both independent and major record companies, together with performers ranging from emerging grassroots artists through to established session musicians and globally renowned artists. PPL’s public performance licensing is carried out on PPL’s behalf by PPL PRS, the joint venture between PPL and PRS for Music.
We also collect performance rights internationally when music is played overseas in public and used on TV, radio and some online streaming services, as well as for private copying. In 2019 we collected £86.7 million, in part thanks to our network of over 95 agreements with CMOs around the world. International revenues are an increasingly important revenue stream for performers and recording rightsholders. In 2019 we collected £271.8 million while also distributing money to over 119,000 performers and recording rightsholders.
PPL continue to follow the government guidance regarding COVID-19 with the priority of keeping of employees safe and well. Our Soho based office is now open and has been made COVID-19 secure with strict measures in place, however the majority of PPL employees are currently working remotely and we have no imminent plans for this to change. We will adopt a remote recruitment and on boarding process for this role and expect it to be based remotely for the time being. There will come a time in the future where office working will be required. This can be discussed on a case by case basis.
About the role
PPL are currently looking to bring on board a Membership Specialist to provide excellent front line customer service, transactional excellence in support and administration duties to our performer and record company members, in order to maximize their revenue and maintain retention, contributing towards the company and departments objectives. The role involve dealing with customer service queries as well as transactional and administration tasks for the Member Services department.
Key responsibilities include:
• Providing great and efficient customer service to performers and record companies, handling day-to-day queries in a professional and helpful manner, in line with service levels, ensuring all interactions are captured in Salesforce.
• Undertaking both inbound and outbound activities within the team.
• Understanding and complying with the data policy of PPL ensuring that the Member Services core system (salesforce) is maintained and the data within it is accurate.
• Responsibility for accurate data within the Salesforce system and to ensure that any transactional work appending or amending this is of the same accuracy e.g. exporting data and using this in any mailing/contact activities.
• Driving a ‘best in class’ data quality standard for our members by augmenting, researching, contacting and using initiative to drive improvements.
• Understanding the importance of providing great customer service to performers and record companies, handling day-to-day queries in a professional and helpful manner, in line with service levels
• Responding accurately and professionally to all member queries received by various channels, keep an accurate log of all queries and member updates for audit purposes in line with department processes.
• Working with with other teams to develop good processes and procedures for member data management.
• Dealing with queries regarding member accounts, repertoire or payments and understanding any issues to be able to accurately explain them.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent customer service skills
• The ability to accurately process high volumes of transactions and queries
• 2 years’ experience in a similar role ideally within a customer service environment or an administration role supporting a team.
• Good MSOffice skills ideally with advanced excel skills
• Fast and accurate data inputting skills including touch typing
• To work with databases and understand the concept of a customer relationship system
• Great communication skills with the ability to problem solve
• Excellent attention to detail
What we can offer you
When you come on board at PPL you can expect to be rewarded for your hard work. Employees are entitled to a wide range of benefits which support their needs and lifestyles including Private medical care, cycle to work scheme, flexible working hours, £120 annually to be spent on music and many more!
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you! Please click the ‘Apply Now’ or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equality and Diversity at PPL
PPL are committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusivity, therefore we welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community.
Here at PPL we are proud to operate in a genuine, open and straightforward way while continuing to maximise all opportunities as they arise striving to represent PPL’s members. Our job is to protect our members’ rights, and make sure their talent and investment is rewarded fairly. We take an entrepreneurial approach, working together to create new ways to deliver better service and solve business challenges. Collaboration creates great things; everyone’s talent deserves recognition and each of our members is important to us. We are the professional face for our clients. We serve with a smile and go the extra mile when representing them. We share a passion for music – that’s why we do what we do.
We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Overlooked Talent Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com