£17,524 to £18,423 per annum
Would you like the opportunity to further your career, working with fresh ingredients in a modern, busy kitchen at The Union, Manchester Met?
Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you’ll assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in the smooth running of The Union’s food service operation.
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – The Union is a seriously fun place to work. Professionally run, but different. Our professional team of 150 people support elected student leaders to be effective in making change, improving lives and fulfilling potential. The winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. We’re located in the amazing city of Manchester, famous for its music, arts, sport, social heritage and diversity. With 38,000 plus student members, 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
We are looking for someone to support the Head Chef and Sous Chef in supervising and assisting with the cooking and preparation of meals to be served in The Union’s food outlets and conferencing facilities.
• With experience of a similar role, you will ensure consistent quality and standards in the preparation, production and presentation of food products.
• You will supervise the work of part-time student staff, assisting their development and ensuring that high standards of performance are maintained.
• You will ensure consistent quality and standards in the preparation, production and presentation of all food products and comply with The Union’s internal procedures and all external legal requirements.
Who you are
• Up-to-date with current industry trends and recent commercial developments in the food service industry, you are familiar with kitchen premises and have a good knowledge of relevant H&S, fire safety and food hygiene legislation.
• Highly motivated and results-oriented with drive and determination, you are able to work effectively under pressure without close supervision.
• You are customer-focused and prepared to work flexibly to meet with customer demand.
There has never been a better time to work for The Union. Based just off Oxford Road, in the centre of vibrant Manchester, The Union will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
Apply now at: https://www.theunionmmu.org/about-us/jobs
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 22nd August 2018
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview on week commencing Monday 3rd September 2018.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with students’ unions.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Overlooked Talent requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org