Salisbury, South West, SP4 0JQ
About the job
As the HSEP Compliance Manager you will be accountable to the HSEP Capability Leader for the effective delivery and service performance of the HSEP products and services at Dstl. Your primary purpose is to manage the Health and safety management software, Functions commercial contracts, Line 2 Assurance programme and training portfolio.
You'll be responsible for delivering the following range of service activities:
• Providing oversight and management of the products and service catalogue relating to HSEP.
• Managing and providing metrics of the line 2 assurance plan and quarterly assurance reporting.
• Procurement and management of HSEP commercial contracts.
• Managing the Dstl Health and Safety management system and software
• Managing and testing the Functions Business Continuity plan.
• Overseeing the delivery of HSEP training portfolio ensuring the syllabus remains relevant.
• Preparing business or investment cases.
• Monitoring service performance.
• Managing HSEP Risks and issues.
A career path which can demonstrate:
• Successful management and delivery of work.
• Influencing others (at all levels).
• Innovative problem solving.
• Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Working across organisational boundaries.
Ability to demonstrate the application of technical knowledge and skills covering the following aspects within a context of operating across a Divisional or Site scale area of responsibility:
• Business operating models
• Influencing and negotiating
• Resolution management
Ability to demonstrate:
• Effective service interface with the business
• Effective use of judgement based on risk-balance scenarios relating to problem resolution.
• Good communications and effective influence to promote and reinforce positive H&S culture.
• Developing strategy and informing business planning on H&S related aspects.
• Identifying opportunities to develop and deliver service improvements in a H&S context.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Changing and Improving
Seeing the Big Picture
Making Effective Decisions
Managing a Quality Service
We'll provide a great range of benefits including;
• Flexible working
• Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay
• Chartership and accreditation support
• Generous annual leave
• A competitive salary
• Excellent learning and development
• Onsite gyms and restaurants
• Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out.
For further information about Dstl please check out our LinkedIn page
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
You'll be invited to a behaviour and technical interview at our Porton Down site.
At Dstl we are committed to inclusivity and diversity within our workforce. During the application process we collect information to help us monitor this. It helps us better-understand our incoming workforce, as well as highlighting areas of improvement.
The information we request will be anonymised and therefore will not be used to make a decision about your application - no applicant or employee will ever be seen as more or less favourable based on disability, gender, martial or civil partnership status, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion/belief.
The security of our work means that only UK nationals who have also resided in the UK for the last 5 years (10 years for certain roles) can be considered. Some roles will require Developed Vetting (DV). Unfortunately dual nationals cannot be considered.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
This job is not open to candidates who hold a dual nationality.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Brian Wheeler
Email : BAWHEELER@dstl.gov.uk
Telephone : 01980 951746
Recruitment team :
Email : email@example.com
Should you wish to raise a formal complaint about the Dstl recruitment process you should email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the nature of the issue. We will respond within 5 working days.